Sunday 24 November 2013

My First Attempt with Distress Inks!

Mum had loads of distress inks which have terrified me for a couple of years, but I bit the bullet and looked up how to use them! :D

Nice shinies!

So, I decied to use some white backing card from Rymans that I use for promarkers, I had no idea if you could stamp on top of distress inks and if so, how would promarkers go over it, so I decided to try!
Using the lighter ink first, I used a little make up sponge that mum had in the same box and went around the edges roughly into the centre.
Then using the darker ink, I went round the more outer edge. I smudged into the centre where the image would be placed.
 One stamped image chosen from my stamps, I think the blue will make it look outdoorsey!
Image has been stamped with Momento Black ink pad.
The name of the stamp escapes me at the moment but will post it later!
Image has been coloured with promarkers.

This will do nicely as a topper for  a card, leaving plenty of space around the outer edges to put ribbons, sentiments, embossing, embellishments and of course GLITTER!

..Well, come on, It's for Christmas!

4 comments:

  1. This is a fab topper. What a great first attempt with distress inks! I cannot wait to see the finished card.
    Heike xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done with the Distress inks, fabulous topper x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bet you were well and truly inky lol x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just love this card! so cute and original...lovely!!! (sorry I am late - just blog hopping from Docrafts ) x

    ReplyDelete